There's a lot you can do to take charge of the way you feel during menopause so keep an open mind and a positive attitude. This is a good time to begin taking better care of yourself. Try to keep things simple.
- Eat a balanced diet of protein, carbohydrates, plenty of fiber, and just a little fat.
- Get out and move at least three times a week for an hour. If you can, do some exercise — even walking — every single day.
- Take stress out of your life! Just say no to more obligations than you can handle.
- Consider taking Estroven. A naturally sourced supplement made with isoflavones and/or black cohosh and herbs that helps reduce symptoms of menopause.
- Speak with your doctor. Estroven can be your first choice for handling your symptoms, but if you're still having problems after 60 days of use, talk to a health care professional about other options.
- Be sure to get regular pelvic exams and pap smears, cholesterol and blood pressure checks. Perform monthly self-breast exams, and have all the age-appropriate tests your doctor recommends.